Business Card Scanning Tops New Features in Dynamics 365 CE for Sales
Microsoft is releasing a set of new features in Dynamics 365 for Sales App users of Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement to enable digital transformation. Prepare now to onboard the new capabilities in your production deployment with confidence and ease.
While early access to this release wave October update began in early August, you will not want to enable these features first in your Production environment. By activating the 2019 release wave 2 updates opt-in, you will be able to access features and updates that are end-user impacting only. These updates will be generally available on October 1st, 2019.
Note – Many of the updates being released are only available in Unified Interface. As we discussed previously the Legacy web client is likely to be deprecated by October 2019 with a view to be discontinued during 2020. The Unified Interface will soon be the only user interface for all Common Data Service apps. Begin your transformation to the UI today. If you have questions about the Unified Interface or would like more information on the new features in Dynamics 365, visit the Dynamics 365 Community Sales forum.
NEW SALES HIGHLIGHTS
BUSINESS CARD SCAN
Business cards can be easily lost or misplaced. With this new functionality, salespeople can quickly capture and save information.
SIMPLIFIED AND IMPROVED LEAD MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCES
- Auto-populate address and contact fields in the lead form
- Qualify lead with additional options
- When a lead is qualified a pop-up will appear allowing sellers to create an account, contact, or opportunity.
- Display notes collected during the lead process in the Opportunity record
This new capability allows sales reps to quickly dial numbers directly from the browser by selecting a phone number. The softphone dialer immediately appears and initiates the call.
CONTEXTUAL EMAIL COMMUNICATION
- Non Blocking pop-up compose window
- Navigate between records without losing the context of their conversations
- Keep multiple emails in draft mode
- Rich editor with attachments and templates
IMPROVED AND SIMPLIFIED WORKFLOWS
- improve their productivity while offering flexibility
- introduce ease of access to commonly used components.
MICROSOFT TEAMS INTEGRATION ENHANCEMENTS
- Sellers can easily join a Teams channel and create a Teams channel directly from Dynamics 365
- Groups can be formed easily and quickly with suggested members.
- SDK support now available for the Microsoft Teams integration feature for any entity type, including custom entity types
LINKEDIN SALES NAVIGATOR EXPERIENCES
- To help sellers more easily identify contacts, profile pictures from LinkedIn will now be available within Dynamics 365 for Sales.
- empower sellers to drive more personalized and meaningful engagements with buyers.
HOW CAN WE HELP?