What is a Dynamics 365 CRM administrator?
Before you can think about whether your business needs a CRM administrator, the role of a CRM administrator needs to be defined. Basically, a CRM administrator is responsible for bridging the gap between a company’s CRM system and its users, making sure everyone knows how to use the CRM system AND Making sure that the CRM is running as expected.
The goal of a CRM is to improve business relationships with customers, help business to improve customer service, and drive sales. If a salesperson isn’t able to easily utilize CRM, then how useful is it?
What happens when you don’t have a Dynamics 365 administrator?
We have seen this happen dozens of times. A company comes to us after using Dynamics CRM for six months to a year. Because they have not designated an administrator to oversee Dynamics 365 usage of the system begins to flag. Data becomes less relevant as Opportunities are allowed to sit open in CRM well past their expiration date. Sales processes don’t evolve with the company’s changing business model. Dashboards don’t show the data relevant to successful use of Dynamics CRM. There might not be a single person who understands the complete CRM system, and no documentation exists.
How to choose a Dynamics 365 CRM administrator?
Once you have decided that you need a CRM administrator, there are a couple of different routes that your company can take. The first route is to self administrate – select an internal resource and have that person become the SME (subject matter expert) on all things Dynamics 365. This administrator would need to have a strong IT background as well as an understanding of how Dynamics 365 CRM has been customized for your company. They would also need to be able to understand how to map your business processes to Microsoft Dynamics 365 processes. This might work for an organization that has enough resources to spare from the other day to day tasks of running their business. For smaller businesses, this might not be an ideal solution since the initial investment can be so great
enCloud9 for CRM administration
A second alternative would be to work with enCloud9 as your Dynamics 365 CRM administrator. We help our clients keep their CRM running smoothly through a dedicated monitoring system. CRM is big investment- a smart one, but if no one in your company is using it, it is a waste of money. We want to ensure your company is as profitable and successful as possible.
Among the many tasks of a Dynamics 365 CRM administrator include the following:
- Monitors CRM data usage to stay within limits
- Perform basic break/fix problem solving for end users
- Customize CRM views, forms and Dashboards to ensure that users see the data that they need.
- Onboard new hires and users
- Develop training tools (videos etc) for new employees as well as refreshers for existing users
- Review Integrations with other systems
- Keep up with the latest news about Dynamics 365 and CRM and how it affects CRM
- Schedule Dynamics 365 CRM version updates
- Manage email integration tools – Outlook App and Outlook Desktop clients .
- Manage Workflows and other process tools to ensure that they are running as expected
- Develop and Run system jobs on a regular basis to manage data usage
What is important in choosing a CRM administrator?
CRM administrators need to have a strong IT background, as well as a deep understanding of your organization’s marketing and sales processes. We help hundreds of business to manage their Dynamics 365 CRM systems. We have experience with many different kinds of industries. We not only have a firm knowledge on what exactly a CRM can do to help your business, but we also understand the sales cycle from initial contact with a prospect through qualification proposal development and delivery and final close. We also use CRM to manage our own business, so we understand the day to day struggles you face.
If you have not started working with us yet, the first step is to schedule a discovery session. During this discovery session, we will listen to the needs of your business and what you need your CRM to do. That way, we will know best how to help you.
While having an internal resource perform as a Dynamics 365 CRM administrator might be a viable option, there are some clear benefits to having someone outside your company, such as enCloud9, handle your CRM administration.
- enCloud9 has experience in CRM administration and advising companies in utilizing the tools to drive sales. Our experience leads to your success.
- With enCloud9 as your CRM administrator, it will allow the people within your business to focus on their job and what they need to do. Our sole purpose is to help you to manage your company as efficiently and effortlessly as possible.
- We will be with you every step of the way. We will make sure you understand and can use your CRM.
enCloud9 has one of the most experienced Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM teams in the US. From pre-sales to project management, and user support, we respond quickly with our expertise to answer your questions.
Our history dates back to 2009, but our experience dates back even longer. Our consultants have been advising companies for almost thirty years to give them the tools to achieve their goals. Our experience leads to your success. We use our unique approach to help small and medium-sized businesses lower their costs and boost productivity through Microsoft’s powerful range of cloud-based software.
We can be contacted at our webform or call us today at 402-235-8540.