Microsoft plans to compete hard
Microsoft and Salesforce have always had an intense competition. In an attempt to gain the majority of the market in Customer Relationship Management software (CRM), Microsoft is shifting its focus. Microsoft’s new focus has become more pronounced with the start of the start of the fiscal year in July of 2020. In Q2 of 2020, Microsoft reported a whopping $36 Billion in revenue, which is an 14% increase. The cloud continues to a big money maker for Microsoft.
Microsoft is making Dynamics sales more of a priority.
As part of Microsoft’s new focus, Microsoft salespeople have been strongly encouraged to more aggressively promote its Dynamics products and PowerApps. Microsoft salespeople are strongly encouraged to target existing customers to adopt Dynamics products. Microsoft has seen an increase in the revenue of it’s Dynamics products, with the majority of that coming specifically from Dynamics 365. Dynamics 365 is the fastest growing Microsoft product, with a 38% growth in Q2 of 2020.
So why is Microsoft making this change now?
Since becoming Microsoft CEO in 2014, Satya Nadella has made the promotion of Azure the company’s main focus. In the meantime, Salesforce has taken control of the majority of the CRM market. According to Salesforce’s founder and CEO Mark Bennioff, in 2019 Salesforce continued to dominate the CRM market with 18.4% of the market, while Microsoft held a mere 3.7%. But that may be about to change – Microsoft plans to compete hard with Salesforce!
What is Dynamics 365?
Dynamics 365 is an integrated business management system built from the ground up to increase sales and provide the best experience to customers and prospects. Dynamics 365 features CRM focused apps which include Dynamics 365 for Sales, Dynamics 365 for Customer Service, Dynamics 365 for Marketing, Dynamics 365 for Project Service, Dynamics 365 for Field Service, Dynamics 365 Business Central, and Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations. Companies can choose to use one app by itself or in collaboration with the other apps from the Dynamics 365 suite. Visit our blog to learn what sets Dynamics 365 apart from other CRMs.
How can Dynamics 365 help my business?
Meet today’s challenges by bringing your customers and your business together with the next generation of CRM and ERP applications.
- Dynamics 365 for Sales helps your sales team close deals faster using lead and opportunity management, activity tracking, and an easy to use mobile app. Dynamics 365 for Sales transforms your sales by boosting productivity, accelerating sales performance, and nurturing relationships with authentic and personalized engagement.
- Dynamics 365 for Customer Service is a full-features solution that includes Case Management, entitlements, and knowledgebase articles to keep your customers engaged and enthusiastic.
- Dynamics 365 for Marketing powers your marketing team’s ability to engage with prospects and customers. Dynamics 365 for marketing enables you to aquire new customers, as well as alowing you to better engage with and sell more to existing customer.
- With Dynamics 365 for Project Service, you can deliver outstanding project experiences on time and within budget. Foster collaboration across project teams and enable your employees to respond and resolve issues quickly.
- With Dynamics 365 for Field Service your employees are empowered to deliver proactive, seamless end-to-end service that will increase customer satisfaction. Dynamics 365 Field service features preventative maintenance, built-in intelligence, and a simple drag-an- drop schedule board.
- Dynamics 365 Business Central and Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations power you to better manage your financials and sell smarter. Both apps allow you to make more informed decisions, accelerate financial close and reporting, as well as improving forecast accuracy. Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations was designed for larger companies, while Business Central is for smaller companies.
In addition, Microsoft has recently released a Power Platform based solution aimed at helping organizations bring employees back to work safely.
Why Microsoft Dynamics 365 instead of Salesforce?
Both Salesforce and Dynamics 365 have some great functionalities to offer customers for sales, marketing, and customer service, but there are some significant differences between the two CRMs. Probably the most significant reason companies tend to choose Microsoft Dynamics 365 over Salesforce is its easy integration with other Microsoft products. All Microsoft products share the same data model and can employ knowledge from the data throughout all their products including Office and Outlook.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 includes ERP, while Salesforce does not. Effective ERP brings all your business processes together to improve collaboration, help your company to make data-driven decisions, and advance business productivity. There are other ERP solutions, but only Dynamics 365 combines the power of CRM and ERP into one easy to use solution. Plus, Microsoft Dynamics provides a variety of options for all business sizes.
Another one of the main differences between the two CRMs is in that of Business Intelligence. Dynamics 365 offers stronger analytics, real time dashboards, level data visualization, and flexible reporting. Another important factor in choosing a CRM is cost, as maintaining a budget is important to all companies. Microsoft Dynamics 365 is more cost effective than Salesforce.
Visit our blog to learn more reasons that Dynamics 365 is superior over Salesforce.
Get started Quickly with Dynamics 365 for Free
Would you like to see your sales and revenue increase? Would you like to see your employees work more productively and improve their customer relationships? Do you want to understand your customers in a whole new way? What if we told you that Dynamics 365 can do all this and more? With Microsoft Dynamics 365, you can be proactive, not reactive.
If you would like to start earning more business today, maybe it’s time to get started with Dynamics 365. Contact the professionals at enCloud9 to get started with Dynamics 365 for free today. With our Sales Accelerator or Service Accelerator, you can get started in as little as 7 days. Our Accelerators are prepackaged Dynamics 365 implementations designed to get your business up and running rapidly.