Are you looking to increase awareness of your business? Are your marketing funds tight? In this article, you will learn 5 simple ways to increase recognition necessary to increase you need to increase sales and.
1. Find out what makes you unique. This is probably one of the most important things to keep in mind. You want to stand out, not blend in with your competitors. For example, if one of your competitors is offering a certain service or product for, say, $75, think about what you can add to it so that you can charge, say, $125. It’s not always about dropping your prices and being cheaper than your competitor. Sometimes it’s about providing your customers with a service they can’t live without! In this day and age, it’s not enough to be mediocre. You have to be unique, valuable, and exceptional. Be careful to not fall into the 3 b’s (bland, boring, and blah). Why do you think so many celebrities do outrageous things? Because it gets them noticed! Are you familiar with this recent Bret Michaels/ Nissan commercial?
It was a successful marketing tactic for Nissan Commercial Vehicles because it increased awareness and people remember them. It generated over 2,000,000 views to date. It’s all about finding what sets you apart from the others!
2. Make yourself known throughout the community
Sponsor local events, service or volunteer work: In addition to helping out your community, you increase your visibility within the community. Why do you think so many companies sponsor various charities and functions (such as runs/walks, festivals, etc.). For as little as a $250 donation they get their company name on a t-shirt or in a bulletin….Low cost name recognition!
Attend Networking and Chamber of Commerce events – get to know your colleagues and other professionals. Have you ever heard the saying that to be successful, you need to surround yourself with other successful people? Well, it’s very true! Be friendly with other professionals, both in your field and in other fields. This might be as easy as retweeting a comment on twitter or liking a comment on Facebook. Chances are if you retweet someone, they are more likely to return the favor. This also builds good relations.
3. Increase your visibility by seeking media, both traditional and nontraditional.
Traditional Media includes local or national publications, such as newspapers, magazines, or television shows. Newspapers, magazines, radio and TV are always looking for new ideas to grab their audience’s interest Find out what is unique about you and contact these outlets to get them to report on you. It might be your new office location, an employee retuning from Overseas service, or a product you are introducing to market. Don’t keep your good news to yourself!
Nontraditional Media includes social media outlets, such as Twitter, Facebook, Linked In (to name a few). This might also include blogs or websites. It’s not enough to only rely on traditional media venues anymore. Your competitors are using social media, so if you want to keep up with them, you need to invest some time in an effective social media strategy.
4. Provide excellent customer service. Providing great customer service can be an achievement that is well worth it! It can create loyal customers that will refer you to others. You need to constantly think about what the customer thinks or feels and think about what you can do to make it better.
5. Ask for it! When was the last time that you asked one of your customers to write a testimonial or reference letter for you. Your clients can be your best source of new leads, but most of us don’t take the time to just ask the question. Take those testimonials and put them on your web page and your brochures.
In conclusion: So you now have 5 new tactics to build awareness for your business. Go try one or two over the next few weeks and see how well they work for you! You will be happily surprised with the results